Sunday, March 25, 2012

There's A Party on the Rooftop Top of the World



Have you felt this triumphant feeling that is felt throughout this song?  When life is going good, most definitely.  When I feel blessing, most definitely.  When I feel life is a party, most definitely.

...when things get tough, most definitely...not.

Don't you get so mad at God for the circumstances in our lives?  Divorce, sickness, financial uncertainty...the list can go on.  So how can there be a party on the rooftop even when I'm just not feeling it?

So I often say that it comes down to a faith that understands that God is sovereign through it ALL.  Understanding (well maybe not understanding, but being reminded) that Jesus strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Jesus was all about the weak during His time on earth.  He made no nobody's into somebody's and he asked 12 teenagers who were more interested in fishing than synagogues to follow Him and change the world.  Is there a lesson here?

I then feel the encouragement that through my weaker times, God be there in the strongest way.

"So why doesn't He do anything about it?  I hear all this talk of miracles, so why doesn't He do a miracle in my life?"

As I read through the Gospels, I notice that Jesus always validated the faiths of the people in which He performed miracles.  Next, He performed miracles that would only point to His power and not to a scientific or worldly explanation.  In the end, He is all about His glory.

And His glory is lived out in each of us that choose (or elected, depending on your theological standpoint) to follow and live through Him. Often, I have to remind myself that His glory may be larger than my small worldly comforts or successes.  It is hard to understand and provide answers.

But that, my friends, is the definition of faith.

Until I understand over a coffee chat in heaven, I will ascend the stairs and let His glory shine...from the rooftops.

No comments:

Post a Comment