Monday, March 5, 2012

All In!

When we give it all to Jesus, what does that actually mean?

It means giving your mind, body, and soul to the Creator.  However, I know you have heard that before and it is a little cliche.

All in for Jesus means that He gets the glory of our successes, but he also gets the burdens of our problems.

Today, I was reminded of some of my troubles of past as well as some of my shortcomings, but it was beautiful to know that I am redeemed.  I am part of an ugly and beautiful relationship with my Lord.  Ugly because it is so one-sided; beautiful because I am so blessed.

I also had the great fortune of hearing a triumph story from a friend who had his prayers answered.  He found a job and he found a church within the City that Never Sleeps.  It brought a smile to my face and made me again revel at the greatness of God.

We often pray when we are in need, and he often comes through.  Just make sure you give Him all the credit  when He does.  Praise as often as you pray.

When we give our lives to Jesus, He bears it all...but He also deserves it all!




1 comment:

  1. So true! It's being able to live with full understanding of the verse "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives within me." If Christ is the one living in us - then he is the one who ultimately will deal with our burdens and problems and the one ultimately responsible for triumphs!

    But it's the remembering, and the living, that is difficult...and key. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete