Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Who Are You?



Take inventory of all the people in your life.  Is there anyone that fits the description that Carrie Underwood sings about in this song "Who Are You?"

I find that in my life I am surrounded by many people who are a great influence on my life.  However, no one intimately knows ALL aspects of my life.  It is a great comfort to have someone who does, someone who can console, someone who can advise, someone who can even discipline.

The truth is no person will know your life completely.  Even husbands and wives spend at least 15-20 years apart from each other.  Friends come and go, some stay for long periods of time.  However, most do not live with you.  Even family members are only around you for parts of your life.

This is where I rely on the Jesus that is in many people.  The small piece of Jesus that is in each of your hearts has an influence on me collectively.  And to top it all off, Jesus himself fills in the spaces that no person knows about.  Often these are darker depths of me or maybe simply the parts of me that are tough to understand.  It is quite encouraging to know that Jesus/God knows all and sees through every aspect of my life.  I don't have to hide, or explain, or even justify/prove/defend.

"Take me as I am...I've got nothing left to lose...I was made for You." -Building 429

Today, Carrie Underwood is debuting her 4th album, "Blown Away". This song is Track #14 on that album.  

No comments:

Post a Comment