Friday, November 23, 2012

A Fun Post...Up, Up, and AWAY!
Lift Your House with Balloons By Movoto Real Estate

So this Thanksgiving and the holidays to come have put an extra amount of hope in my life and a little bit of an extra bounce in my step.  I have a more "playful" side that I do not share much on this blog, so since many are taking advantage of a day off from work today, I have also decided to take a respite and share a smile.

I work for an industrial gas company, one of those companies that inflates many of the huge parade balloons for events like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  While doing some research, I stumbled across the above tool.

So, I am a big fan of Pixar films and in some ways I feel I have never grown up and in others I feel that I never really want to anyway.  As such, I really enjoyed the Academy Award-nominated film UP and enjoyed the whimsy and determination featured throughout the film.

In that spirit...someone took to actually trying to lift their house off the ground with helium balloons.  To see how that turned out, check out the story here: http://betabeat.com/2012/11.

Otherwise, have some fun and send along a smile today.  A smile provides can provide hope each day and is also one of my favorite types of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment